About Me

My photo
My written stuff would absolutely explain who I am..

Friday, January 11, 2013

Al-Zaatari

What will happen if the cold kept being so strong, with falling snow?
Tell me dad…
Dearest daughter, the cold will freeze you, and take your soul
And the falling snow will make it fly.
For all your friends have flown before
And their homes were torn down to the ground
So it’s your turn to fly and burn; 
And therefore later will be mine.
But dad remember, what you said two years ago, when I was five
That a human being can never fly, nor can she make it to the sky!
Oh sweetie, I remember very well…
When you were young two years ago
When you were five, your brain was small, and time was slow
But now you’ve lived in streets and tents
And seen the blood upon the snow
You’ve seen your mother without a head
And seen your brother without a hand
Your biggest dream has become to find a piece of bread
And to make from people’s trash and junk, a cozy bed!
Two years ago, I told you things that aren’t true
I taught you lies, to make you smile
To make you have an easy life
I said we’re humans; we help each other when things go bad
I said that god won’t leave the poor
I thought that god will always be on the miserables’ side
But I was wrong, and now you’re old
I am hoping that you’ll understand!
My babygirl, I’ve lived so long, you’ve lived too short
But your last two years felt like they were a thousand more
They made you look so much older than before
Now your eyes are bloody red
And your face is whiter than the snow
And in a few, you will be gone
Maybe you’ll see your lovely mom, but maybe not
And when you leave, my life will cease
And after that I’ll make a river from my tears
For life has taken all my dears…
Dearest dad, I only have some words to say
Before I breathe my final breath, and angels take me far away
I love you dad as much as I hate to see you sad
I love you dad, so sing me one last lullaby
About the soul and when it flies, it becomes a phoenix in the sky
And how it lightens a lovely path for all the kids around the world
And how it then becomes a star
Sing me that, and hold my hand
I lived enough to see your love, but now it’s time for my goodbye
It pains me much that what we were has broken down;
It tears me down at the very end to see you cry
I lived and loved and I was loved
I lived and loved and I was loved
I lived and loved, but now it’s time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment